Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

taco pasta.

[adapted from http://www.plainchicken.com/2010/09/taco-pasta.html]





This is a super easy, delicious meal. This is the second time I've made this recipe since I found it in January. Grant loooves  Mexican and I love pasta so it's a perfect combo! It literally tastes like a taco.  We ate some of the less pasta-y bites with tortilla chips and that was also reallll good.  Enjoy, my friends!

Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground beef 
8 ounce small dry pasta shapes 
1 small onion, chopped (or 1 Tbsp minced onion flakes) 
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup salsa
1 packet taco seasoning (if you don't have this on hand, you can make your own! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/taco-seasoning-i/)
3 ounce cream cheese 
1/2 cup sour cream 
Salt and pepper
Shredded Cheese for topping


Note: I used less onion than this recipe calls for (probably just a few slices from a large onion).  I used 2 cloves of garlic because I looove garlic. Also, I used reduced fat sour cream and neufchâtel cream cheese (aka 1/3 less fat cream cheese).  

1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook ground beef and onion until no longer pink. Drain fat and mix in garlic.  Cook until fragnant, about 30 seconds.
3.  Mix in salsa and taco seasoning. Let simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
4.  Stir in the cooked pasta, cream cheese, sour cream, and reserved pasta water. Continue to stir until cream cheese is melted. 
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste (I skipped this step).
6.  Top with shredded cheese and more sour cream and salsa, if desired.  Serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!