1 medium spaghetti squash
2 tablespoons butter
1/4-1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more)
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more)
1. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Place in a covered dish with a ¼ inch of water and microwave for 10 -12 minutes.
2. In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, add the butter, onions, red pepper and thyme and cook until the onions are slightly brown in color. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Using a fork, scrape the insides of the squash and transfer to a small bowl.
4. Combine the squash, onions, sour cream and half the cheese together and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a buttered baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
5. Place into a 375º for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown on top.