hello! I'm Kathleen
& I like baking, eating, and anything food.
a smidgen about this blog
I started this food blog shortly after my husband and I got married in December 2012. I have been baking for several years now and started cooking around the time we got married.
I started this food blog because I was always posting my baking and cooking endeavors on Facebook and Instagram. Friends and family would often ask for the recipes I was cooking up so I thought this would be a great way to share those recipes. Now I can share these, not just friends and family, but with anyone who is looking for a good recipe to try.
My sister is also a food blogger- The Pajama Chef. :) She is an amazing cook and baker. She has been so helpful to me since I started this blog.
|Photo by http://www.laurenkoleffphotography.com/|
a pinch more about me
1. I am married to the most incredible man. Ever. (He's the handsome man in the picture above.)
2. I studied Early Childhood Education and Exceptional Needs at Purdue University. I student taught in a kindergarten classroom and then taught private kindergarten for 8-9 months post-college.
4. I have a huge sweet tooth. Seriously. I extremely dislike ending a meal without something sweet.
5. I love (in no order) chocolate chips, peanut butter, blackberries, cherry coke zero, hazelnut coffee, Reeses, green pepper, cookie dough, bananas, colby jack cheese, and red velvet anything.
6. I love Jesus! He is my rock, redeemer, & Savior.
Oh! There's something you should know about my cooking and baking. I tend to think my way is better so I sometimes skip steps or ingredients. I know, I know. I'm a rebel. ;) Sometimes it turns out great; other times... not so great. I'll try my best to let you know how that turns out throughout my recipes. :)
before you dash away...
In April of 2010, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Most people would (and do) step back and ask me, how do you manage diabetes and bake all the time?!
Balance & moderation, my friends.
I believe if you maintain a balanced diet and eat dessert in moderation, you can live a healthy life with (or without) diabetes.
Since my diagnosis, I have become much more comfortable with talking about my condition so feel free to ask me any questions about it!
I hope you enjoy this blog. I'd love to hear what you think!