Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

crispy sweet potato fries.

[adapted from http://www.theartofdoingstuff.com/guaranteed-crispy-sweet-potato-fries-sriracha-mayo-dip/]



I love sweet potato fries.  Call me cheap but I hardly ever order them at a restaurant because they're usually more expensive than regular fries.  They also tend to be kinda soggy which is no good either.  When I found this recipe for crispy fries, I had to try it! I was seriously amazed at how wonderful these tasted.  

Here's what you'll need:
Sweet potatoes 
Cornstarch
Olive oil (or any kind of vegetable oil)

Here's what you do:
1. Cut sweet potatoes to medium thickness.
2. Soak them in water for an hour (or up to half a day). 
3. Dump the potatoes into a baggie with 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch.  Shake them around until they are lightly coated.  
4. Place coated fries on a nonstick baking sheet and pour 1-2 tablespoons (or more) oil over fries. Make sure every fry is coated in oil.  
5.  Heat oven to 425 degrees F and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Check on the fries. Toss them and bake 5 minutes longer.
7. Serve and devour!

Some notes...I only used one potato since there's just 2 of us and because I didn't want any leftovers. Step 2 is optional but recommended.  For step 3, make sure there is some air in the bag when shaking it.  For step 4, the amount of oil is up to you.  The more oil you put on, the crispier the fries will be but they will obviously be way less healthy too.


3 comments:

  1. if you ever go to bub's, you HAVE to get the sweet potato fries with marshmallow sauce. really really good. they have one in carmel & bloomington. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK!! I can't wait to try them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was lovely, thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!