The reason why I was so excited to make these cookies was because of how pretty they look! I love how the green and dark brown/black(?) contrast. I also love green. And I love mint. And chocolate. And oreos. So basically, I like everything about these cookies. As someone in our life group said "they are like a chewy thin mint girl scout cookie". Except I think they're way better than girl scout cookies. These cookies are very tasty so you should give them a try, especially if you like minty chocolat-y combinations.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mint M&Ms
1 cup chopped Cool Mint Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
- Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix until flour disappears. Stir in chocolate chips, M&Ms, and chopped Cool Mint Oreos. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are set around the edges, but still soft in the center. Don't over bake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.