Tuesday, March 5, 2013
crispy parmesan zucchini fries.
[adapted from http://thenutritionalepiphany.com/2013/02/02/crispy-parmesan-zucchini-fries/]
These were so yummy and simple. Definitely my new favorite way to eat zucchini. Grant even ate them!
3 large zucchini, cut into matchsticks
2 large eggs
2/3 cup dried bread crumbs
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tsp paprika
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Wash the zucchini and cut into matchsticks.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the grated parmesan, dried bread crumbs, oregano, basil, paprika and mix to combine.
4. In another medium bowl, whisk together 2 eggs.
5. Dip each zucchini stick into the egg mixture and then dip them into the bread crumb mixture to coat the outside.
6. Put the zucchini on a greased, rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes, check on the progress after 15 minutes and toss them around a little bit.
7. Serve them plain or with marinara sauce.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!
Post Comments (Atom)