Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

apple fritter cake.


On the way-too-incredibly-rare occasion I get a doughnut, I always get apple fritters. I don't know what it is about them but I can't get enough (it probably helps they always seem to be bigger than a regular doughnut ;) ! 

I have found numerous DIY apple fritter recipes but most of them require frying and that just seems like a lot of work (maybe someday).  I was pumped to find this apple fritter cake and believe me, it was delicious! 


Perfect recipe for this beautiful fall, apple-picking weather we are having now. 

~

apple fritter cake from the domestic doozie

Ingredients:
For the batter:
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt (I omitted)
1 cup white granulated sugar (I used 1/2 c stevia & 1/2 c white sugar)
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk (any kind)
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted

6 small apples cored, peeled and diced (I used 2 very large apples & 1 small apple)

For the topping:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. cinnamon

For the glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
5 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
  1. Start by mixing all the ingredients for the batter (except the butter) together in a bowl. Once combined, carefully pour in the melted butter. Mix on SLOW speed so butter doesn't splash everywhere.
  2.  Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Evenly distribute the apples over the top of the batter. 
  3. In a separate bowl mix together the topping ingredients. Drop small scoops of it evenly over the apples. Topping will be thick.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. Depending on how many apples you put in and how juicy they were you may need to increase your time. If the top is getting too brown you can always cover with foil.
  5. Combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla for glaze.
  6. After you take it out of oven, let sit for 20 minutes and then pour the glaze all over the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!