Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

fudgy double chocolate zucchini cookies.




I love soft, fudgy, chocolatey cookies! I was so excited to find this one that includes zucchini. Zucchini makes cookies like these super moist and soft. Since we still have zucchini coming out of our ears so I had to bake up something delicious with it. They have been so large that they don't work very well for sauteing but they are perfect for baked goods. 

Oh and the zucchini in these cookies make them totally healthy ;)


~

fudgy double chocolate zucchini cookies 

5 tbsp butter

1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg (or 1/3 cup yogurt)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (I omitted)
1/2 c. shredded zucchini (squeeze extra water out of zucchini with paper towel or clean dish cloth)
1/2 cup chocolate chips 

  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with parchment.
  2. Melt butter in microwave just until melted. Let cool about 5 minutes in the fridge (so it doesn't cook the egg and melt the chocolate chips). Stir in both sugars and cocoa powder until combined. Add egg (or yogurt) and vanilla.
  3. Mix in flour, soda, and salt until smooth and then add the zucchini and chocolate chips, stirring until combined.
  4. Using a medium cookie scoop, drop onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
  5. Store in an airtight container or freeze for longer storage.

6 comments:

  1. So this counts as a serving of veggies right? I didn't grow any of my own zucchini this year, and I really wish I had! These cookies look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove baking with zucchini, and I bet it helps keep these cookies so soft and moist! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!