homemade chicken fajitas.
Take that Chili's! ;)
Juice from 1 lime
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/2 to 2 lbs of steak or chicken strips
Peppers, I used 1 green pepper and small red, orange, and yellow sweet peppers
Onion, I just used a few slices
Tortillas, I used whole wheat
Sour cream, cheese, salsa, and guacamole, optional additions
Here's what you'll do:
1. Combine and mix all ingredients (lime juice, oil, garlic, chili powder) in a glass jar or bowl.
2. Pour mixture over meat and stir to coat well.
3. Cover dish and marinate meat for at least one hour (I marinated for about 2.5 hours) or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
4. After marination, place meat in nonstick skillet. Cook chicken until cooked all the way through.
5. Add peppers and onions to cooked chicken. Let simmer for a few minutes.
6. You're done! Eat up & enjoy :)
All these webpages helped me formulate this yummy recipe: