Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

copycat steak n shake frisco melts.







Confession. Grant and I have become Steak n Shake junkies.  I'm not joking, it's where we went for our 1 month anniversary dinner. So when I found this recipe, I was PUMPED. It also turned out way better than I imagined.

But yes you heard me right. Frisco melts, just like Steak n Shake. These are the real deal. They are bursting with flavor and with melty cheesiness  and buttery goodness. 

Before I give you the ingredients and directions, you'll notice I didn't put any measurements.  The measurements really depend on how many sandwiches you are trying to make.  The original recipe calls for 1 pound ground beef, 2 slices american, and 1 slices swiss.  That is too much cheese for me so I just used 1 slice american and 1 slice swiss per sandwich. It also calls for sourdough bread but I used wheat bread and it was scrumptious!

Ingredients: 

For Sandwiches:
Ground beef 
Wheat bread
Spreadable butter
Swiss Cheese
American Cheese

Frisco Sauce:
Russian Dressing
Thousand Island Dressing

Directions:

1. Make the ground beef into patties. Ours were probably 1/4 lb each.
2. Cook the patties to your desired wellness.
3. Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread.  
4. Place swiss cheese and american cheese on only one side of the bread.  It'll look like an open-faced sandwich. (Don't put the bread together like you would for grilled cheese.)
5. To allow the cheese to melt more easily, put the lid on top of the pan.  
6. Once the bread is browned to your liking, put on a plate and spread frisco sauce on the side that doesn't have the cheese. Or on both sides ;)
7.  Put your beef patty in between the slices of bread and enjoy!

To make the Frisco sauce, use the ratio of 1:2 (Russian to Thousand Island).  For example, we mixed 1 tablespoon Russian with 2 tablespoons Thousand Island.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!