Here is a healthier banana muffin recipe for your Thursday! It uses wholesome ingredients such as oats and bananas. I used stevia instead of sugar to cut back on the carbs. The bananas and vanilla greek yogurt combined with the stevia help bring out sweetness in the muffins. When butterscotch and white chocolate chips are added, these babies come out to only 16 grams of carbs (13 grams without baking chips).
banana oat muffins from britney munday
2 1/2 cups of old-fashioned oats
1 cup of vanilla greek yogurt
½ cup Stevia (or sugar)
1.5 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1/2 cup baking chips or nuts, optional*
- Mash bananas in large bowl.
- Add eggs and yogurt to large bowl. Mix well.
- Mix in stevia, baking powder, and baking soda to banana-yogurt mixture.
- Use blender or food processor to grind oats into flour consistency.
- Transfer oat flour to your large bowl. Mix well.
- Fold in baking chips and nuts.
- Line 18 muffin tins or spray muffin pan with oil.
- Spoon batter equally among muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
*I used a combination of butterscotch chips and white chocolate chips