I am sharing my Grandma's lasagna recipe and it is one you'll definitely want to try! It's the best lasagna I've ever had! Actually it's just about the only lasagna I'll eat. It's a classic lasagna recipe bursting with tomato sauce, flavorful oregano, and lots of cheese.
1 jar spaghetti sauce (23-25 oz-ish)
1 lb lean ground beef- optional
8 oz lasagna noodles
8 oz shredded mozzarella
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 lb small curd cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook noodles according to package. Brown and drain ground beef.
3. Combine eggs and seasonings.
4. Add cottage cheese to egg mixture.
5. Combine spaghetti sauce and ground beef.
6. In a 9x13 baking dish, arrange layer of sauce/beef, layer of noodles, layer of egg/cottage cheese mixture, layer of mozzarella, and finally a layer of parmesan.
7. Repeat until all ingredients are used, ending with a layer of sauce on top.
8. Bake for 1 hour. Cover with foil for last 15 minutes of baking. Let stand 15 minutes before serving (I usually can't wait this long though!).