In the last few weeks, I have (tried) to start a new routine at the grocery store. Every week, I am (trying to) buy a different vegetable to eat. Sometimes in the evening when I think about the food I've eaten that day, I realized I haven't consumed any veggies. Talk about yikes!
One veggie I bought was kale. You know what I am talking about, it's leafy, green, bitter, kinda scary. I thought to myself "What am I supposed to do with kale?!"
And then I remembered kale chips- a supposedly awesome, healthy snack that I had seen literally all over Pinterest. I chose this specific recipe to use because the ingredients were simple and the instructions were detailed and easy to understand.
Let me tell you what- I devoured these. I am not exaggerating when I say I literally ate 2 whole pans of these things. They are incredible. You have to try them!
2. Salt and/or your favorite seasonings – I loaded mine with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
2. Rinse and dry your kale well. I used my salad spinner and it was just the ticket.
3. Break up each big leaf into bite-sized pieces. Tear the leaf along the thick spine, and throw away the spine afterwards. It’s a bit tough to chew on compared to the flaky leaf parts.
4. Toss all the kale into a big bowl, and drizzle olive oil over it – the amount depends on preference and how much kale you’re cooking, but be sure that each leaf is coated. Season to your liking, but don’t be shy with the salt! The salt helps with the natural bitterness.
5. Arrange the pieces on a cookie sheet. Try not to let the pieces overlap but it's ok if they do because the kale shrinks a lot while baking.
6. Put your cookie sheet into the oven, and bake for 20 minutes. Halfway through, pull the tray(s) out, and flip each piece of kale to ensure even crisping.
7. After 20 minutes, check on your kale to see if each piece is entirely dried out.
8. You're done! Now you can enjoy this healthy, delicious, addictive snack!!