Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

gluten free brownie cookies.



I realize this is never a good way to start off a sentence but I'm doing it anyway... 
Please don't call me close-minded but I always figured gluten free meant, well...yuck. I imagined gluten free cookies would be gritty and bland- something definitely not worth the calories. 

These cookies are anything but yuck. They are amazing! They are soft, chewy, rich, and just plain tasty. Perfect for the gluten free person in your life! :)

So, rest assured- my mind has been opened and I will definitely consider trying more gluten free desserts in the future.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, room temp.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup white chocolate chips*
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips*

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. 
  2. Mix together the butter and sugars. 
  3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Mix together the soda, salt, and cocoa and add to the wet ingredients, mixing until combined. 
  4. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. 
  5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until they look done.
*I used 1 cup chocolate chips because I didn't have any white chips.

Recipe Source:
http://www.yammiesglutenfreedom.com/2013/10/flourless-brownie-cookies.html

1 comment:

  1. yum :) and don't you like some of the flourless desserts mom has made, like those peanut chocolate chip cookies? they're gluten free! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!