What's better than a chocolate chip cookie?
A spoonful of cookie dough, of course!
This safe-to-eat cookie dough recipe is probably the best excuse you'll ever have to just eat the cookie dough. The recipe calls for milk or cream instead of an egg. There are also no leavening agents. Other than that, it is your honest to goodness chocolate chip cookie recipe. Here's the best part...you don't have to bake anything!
The first step is making the cookie dough. The second step is assembling the cookie dough between 2 pretzels. Next, FREEZE the cookie dough pretzel sandwiches for at least 20 minutes. This is an important step to make sure they will not fall apart while dunking them in the melted chocolate. Then, melt your chocolate and dunk away. I dunked mine about halfway but some got a little more chocolate than others. :) After this, you will freeze them yet again. I know it will be difficult because you WILL want to eat them...right away. So I apologize in advance for that step. Lastly, enjoy these incredible cookie dough pretzel bites and store in the fridge in between eating sessions. Now, go make these now!!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 40-50 pretzels
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon shortening, optional
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together on medium speed until light and creamy. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Turn the mixer off and add the flour and salt. Mix on low speed at first, then turn the mixer up to medium speed and mix until combined. The dough will be thick and crumbly, just keep mixing until it comes together. Mix in mini chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls, 2 tsp is recommended. You can make them however thick or thin you prefer! Sandwich balls between two pretzels and place on prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes (this is important).
- While the pretzel bites are chilling, break up the chocolate and melt with the shortening for about 1 minute in microwave, stirring every 20 seconds. The shortening helps thin out the chocolate out. Dip the pretzel bites halfway into the melted chocolate and place bites back on baking sheet. Refrigerate the dipped bites for at least 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set (this is important). Cover and store pretzel bites in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Thank you to Sallys Baking Addiction for this amazing recipe!