I don't care if it isn't Valentine's Day, I love red velvet any time of year. :) Red velvet cake and Oreos are the perfect combination in these bars. The red velvet cake is moist, and the Oreos are crunchy and creamy just like always. The sweetened condensed milk makes the bars bubbly and beautiful. The cookies and cream kisses are an added bonus! I made these for our housewarming party and they were a hit!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 splash vanilla extract
- About 15 Oreos, coarsely crushed
- About 20-25 cookies n cream Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil and grease pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, eggs and vanilla with a rubber spatula until blended. Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for approx. 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately top with the crushed Oreos, unwrapped Kisses, and sprinkles in an even layer. Drizzle evenly with the sweetened condensed milk. Return the pan to the oven and continue to bake, until golden and bubbly, approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the bars to come to room temperature before cutting into squares. Store leftovers airtight, at room temperature, for several days.
*Don't have any sweetened condensed milk? Make your own!