8-oz small pasta (I used shells) 20 slices pepperoni 1/2 pound smoked sausage 1 lb ground beef
1/2 pepper (I used some green and some red), chopped1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes 1 (8-oz) can pizza sauce 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Italian seasoning (divided) ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper ½ tsp onion powder ½ tsp garlic powder 8-oz mozzarella shredded cheese 5-oz fresh grated parmesan cheese
Here's what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Bring a covered 8 quart pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta. Cook according to package directions (approximately 7-10 minutes). Remove from heat when pasta is al dente. Drain.
3. Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Brown ground beef with a teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
4. Heat precooked sausage and pepper in skillet. Slice and set aside.
5. In a blender combine diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders. Blend until smooth. (Blending is optional; I didn't blend them because I don't mind my tomatoes chunky but mostly because I was feeling lazy. I just mixed them with a spoon.)
6. Once pasta is drained, immediately add sauce, ¾ of both cheeses, ½ of the pepperoni, the sausage, and the ground beef to hot saucepan and stir with pasta until combined.
7. Pour pasta mixture into a 9x13 dish and cover top of pasta with remaining pepperoni. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and bake for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve and enjoy!