I've made these before but with Pillsbury Grand biscuits. I really wanted to try these homemade and it was definitely worth it! Your mouth and
belly will be extremely happy :)
Stuffed Cheese Buns (Doesn't the name just make you want to eat them?!?)
Here's what you need:
1 cup warm water (probably somewhere between 105º and 115º. I just get it hot from the tap. Don't get it too hot or it will kill the yeast.)
2 tablespoons yeast (3 packets of Fleischmann's yeast)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
8 oz mozzarella cheese
A couple tablespoons of melted butter mixed with a sprinkle of garlic powder and oregano.
look at all that cheese oozing!
Here's what you do:
1. Mix together the yeast and water and let it sit for a couple minutes.
2. Add the sugar, garlic powder, melted butter, and oil.
3. Add the flour a little and a time, mixing in your stand mixer with a dough hook. Add the salt. Knead for 10 minutes, in the stand mixer or by hand.
4. Let the dough rise in a greased bowl (I used the same bowl) covered with a wet cloth for about 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 375º. Divide the dough into about 20 pieces or so (you can make them as big or small as you want).
6. Put about a 3/4 inch chunk of cheese in each one and make sure you pinch all the edges back up tightly. Put the pinched side down on a greased baking sheet.
7. Sprinkle the buns with some parmesan cheese.
8. Bake at 375ºF for about 11-15 minutes until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
9. Brush with the melted butter mixture and serve warm.
a bowl full of buns!