Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

cheesy mashed cauliflower.

[adapted from http://thewoodenspoondiaries.blogspot.com/2013/01/cheesy-mashed-cauliflower.html]



I love cauliflower so I was dying to try them this way! 
I'm not sure if I would trade mashed potatoes 
for these but they are still tasty. 
A great way to get some veggies in your meal!


INGREDIENTS:
1 large head of cauliflower (about 8 cups), bottom cut off and chopped (I used frozen cauliflower) 
2 Tbl cream cheese, room temperature
2 Tbl sour cream
2 Tbl milk
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 to 1 tsp salt (to taste)
Pepper to taste
1/2 c. shredded cheese - optional (I used cheddar & monterey jack)


DIRECTIONS:
1. Steam chopped cauliflower for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.  
2. Mash cauliflower to your preferred texture. 
3. Combine the steamed cauliflower, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.  If you are not using the cheese, your cauliflower is ready to eat! 
4. If you are adding cheese, then add your cheese to the cauliflower. The original recipe suggests broiling the cauliflower. I just microwaved it until it was warm and cheese was melty. 

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!