Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

creamy zuppa toscana soup.




You are probably wondering why I am posting a soup recipe in the middle of spring. And I know winter is finally over (well, hopefully it's over) but this recipe is too good not to share. I know I will be making this in the summer (we have fans and AC, we'll be just fine!)

I've never had Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana soup so I'm not even sure if this is what it tastes like. It's awesome nonetheless so you should definitely try this stellar recipe!

--

INGREDIENTS:

3 cans (14 oz) chicken broth
2 cups heavy cream (whipping cream, milk, or half&half would probably work too)
1 lb Italian Sausage
½ pound bacon
4 russet potatoes
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2½ cups chopped spinach or kale (I used some of each)
salt and pepper (to taste)


DIRECTIONS:

  1. Cook and crumble the bacon. Set aside.
  2. Cook the sausage in a pot. Once it is cooked through, add broth and spinach/kale.
  3. Put lid on the pot and bring sausage, broth, spinch/kale to a boil.
  4. Slice potatoes in half and make about ¼ inch slices. You can slice these into fourths making the potatoes more bite sized.
  5. In a skillet over medium heat, sautee potatoes, diced onion, and garlic. Sautee until potatoes are tender.
  6. Once potatoes are tender/cooked, add potatoes/garlic/onion to the pot of sausage/broth/spinch/kale. Also add the crumbled bacon.
  7. Reduce heat and add heavy cream. Don't let mixture boil so it doesn't curdle.
  8. Cook until heated through and add salt and pepper to taste.





4 comments:

  1. The last time I had a version of your soup was at a famous restaurant. I always wondered how they made it. Now I can make it our way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it Lori :) Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!