I call this recipe "anything goes oatmeal" because I believe you can add almost anything to this simple oatmeal recipe and it will
probably turn out delicious. This recipe makes an incredible breakfast, lunch (don't judge), snack, or dessert.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup milk of choice (you'll
probablywant more to add in at the end)
- 1/4 tsp salt (I left out)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Sweetener to taste (I left out because the baking chips were sweet enough)
- Add-ins of your choice**
- Baking chips-
- chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, etc. etc.
- Walnuts, peanuts, almonds, etc.
- Peanut Butter
- Brown sugar
- Mashed or chopped banana
- Combine 1/2 cup oats with some milk. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add salt (if desired) and your add-ins. (Tip: if adding the banana, add this ingredient right before consuming.)
- Cook for intervals until the consistency is how you like it. I usually do 30 second intervals or so and add milk as needed. When you are getting close to your last interval of cooking, add in the vanilla.
- You can now stir in your mashed or chopped banana & sweetener.
My favorite combos**
- chocolate chips, peanut butter, & chopped banana.
- white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, & peanut butter.