I guarantee this recipe will
1. make any cold evening a little warmer.
2. make your house smell incredible.
3. make all the bellies in your family very happy.
- 2.5 lbs russet potatoes, diced, NOT peeled
- 2.5 tbsp Tastefully Simple garlic garlic*
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 32 ounces chicken broth or stock
- 8 ounces cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
- bacon, sour cream, chives or shredded cheese for garnish
*I didn't have this seasoning so I recommend using these ingredients to taste:
- 2 spoonfuls minced garlic
- 1/4-1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 t. dried dill
- 1/4-1/2 t. dried basil
- Some salt & pepper
- Combine potatoes, seasonings, onions and chicken broth in your crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 5 hours.
- Put cream cheese in crock pot with the potato mixture. With potato masher, mash up all ingredients together.**
- Serve warm topped with bacon, sour cream, shredded cheese & chives. Just make sure the cream cheese is completely melted and combined ;)
**The recipe suggested using a food processor to puree the soup. You can do this if you'd rather it not be so chunky. I personally enjoyed it chunky, and it made fewer dishes to wash too :)
***Check out my updated about me page- 1/27/14***