Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

apple pie.

Sorry about the not so good pictures,
I took them all in the evening...oops!

Is fall really fall without apple pie? I'd definitely argue it isn't. 

There's nothing quite like making a yummy apple pie in your kitchen while looking outside at the leaves falling off trees and the beautiful fall weather! There's also nothing quite like eating a warm, delicious piece of homemade apple pie either.  As you can see, I believe apple pie is a staple fall dessert and you have to try this recipe! 

Some background on the recipe: when Grant and I got married in December, one my best friends (Hannah) and her mom made me a cookbook! It has so a lot of delicious recipes and this recipe is from that book. I am so thankful to her and her mom for sharing these with me! I hope you love it as much as I do.


Hannah and I in college :)


Also, Hannah made this apple pie recipe and she is sharing it on her blog too! On her blog, she shares about her love for the Lord, her delicious recipes, book reviews, and much more.





Here's what you need:


2 Crust Pie

1/2 cup oil
5 Tbsp cold water
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt (I used about 1/4-1/2 tsp)


Apple Pie Filling

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
dash of salt (I left out)
6 cups thinly sliced apples 
(about 6 medium apples)


Here's what you do:

To make the 2 crust pie:

1. In a bowl, whisk together the oil and water until thickened.

2. In another bowl, mix together the flour and salt.

3. Pour the oil and water mixture into the flour mixture all at once. Mix with a fork until moist. Form into a ball. Divide the ball into halves.

4. Using 2 sheets of waxed paper, each about 18 inches long, roll one ball of dough between the sheets of waxed paper to form a circle. Line the pie pan with this crust. Roll out the other ball of dough to form the top crust once the pie has been filled.



To make the apple pie:

1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. 

2. Mix sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in apples.

3. Put apple mixture into pastry-lined pie pan.

4. Cover apple mixture with top crust. Seal edges, then flute edges (optional).

5. Bake until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust, about 40-50 minutes.



Recipe Credit: Rachelle Gegg

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!