I made these for a pitch in at work and they were great! Moist and bursting with pumpkin-y butterscotch-y flavor :) I made both mini muffins and regular muffins- they both turned out great.
A few notes on the recipe- I left out the salt and used salted butter instead. For the flour, I used 1 cup all purpose and 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour. Don't be too concerned with the amount of butterscotch chips, just put in whatever amount looks good :)
Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 c. butterscotch chips
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars.
2. Add eggs; mix until light and fluffy. Stir in pumpkin.
3. Add cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
4. Stir in flour until just combined. Fold in butterscotch chips.
5. Scoop into prepared muffin tins.
6. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes. OR bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes for mini muffins.
Recipe Credit: http://amysfinerthings.com/pumpkin-butterscotch-muffins-2