Did you know frozen bananas taste just like ice cream? They get that same creamy texture with all the sweetness included. It's an amazing thing.
Chocolate chips+peanut butter+bananas are all you need to make these healthier, sweet tooth-satisfying bites that taste like ice cream. Genius, right?
1/4 ish cup chocolate chips (per banana)
- Slice bananas and lay half of them flat on a parchment/wax/silicone covered baking sheet.
- Spread about 1 tsp peanut butter on each banana slice (as shown in first photo below).
- Top each peanut butter covered slice with the remaining plain banana slices (as shown in second photo below).
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes. This will make the next step easier.
- When banana bites are frozen, melt chocolate chips as directed on bag label. I used semi sweet but have also used vanilla almond bark with yummy results.
- Dip each banana bite halfway in chocolate. Return to baking sheet. Alternatively, you could spoon chocolate over each bite instead of dipping. This may require more chocolate.
- Return baking sheet to freezer and freeze until set. I left mine in an hour or two. When set, serve immediately or place banana bites in container and return to freezer.