I love how versatile grilled cheese is. I know that's a strange statement but think about it... You can use different kinds of bread- white, wheat, sourdough, and even cauliflower!
You can use a variety of cheeses along with so many different add-ins and it pretty much always turns out delicious.
Gant and I found our new favorite go-to grilled cheese. It is loaded with bacon, gaucamole, and plenty of cheese- all between delightful, buttery bread. It takes a bit more time to make
than a normal grilled cheese but worth every ounce of effort. Give it a shot and let me know what you think!
bacon guacamole grilled cheese.
Ingredients (per sandwich)
2 slices bread (I used flax & fiber)
2-3 slices bacon
2-3 Tbsp Guacamole
1-2 Tbsp Butter, softened
2-3 slices of your favorite cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet with foil.
- On top of foil, weave your bacon like this: http://diyready.com/how-to-make-a-bacon-weave-sandwich/. They used 3 slices, I only used 2 slices. Go with your heart's desire though ;)
- Cook bacon in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until however done you like it.
- Make your guacamole. I used 2 avocados and a seasoning packet. You won't need all the guacamole. With the extras, make more sandwiches tomorrow or eat it with chips or veggies. Refrigerate guac until ready to use.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Turn burner onto medium heat and place a nonstick skillet on it.
- Assemble sandwiches. Put bread, butter side down, onto skillet. Top with your favorite cheese. Grant likes pepper jack and havarti and I like colby jack and havarti.
- Top with bacon and close sandwich by putting the last piece of bread butter side up. Do not put gauc on yet.
- Cook sandwich for a few minutes on each side, until it is grilled to your desired perfection.
- Remove sandwich from skillet. Open sandwich, bacon side up. Carefully layer guacamole on inside of the sandwich.
- Cut sandwich as desired & devour!