Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

peanut butter banana pupcakes.


Our puppy, Rose, turned 1 on April 19th. I just had to make her a special birthday treat. And I was pumped to find this dog-friendly recipe from my feelings taste like a cupcake blog. It has 2 of Rose's favorite foods: peanut butter and bananas so it is pretty much perfect. And let me tell you- she devoured her cupcake!

        
      
    

I opted not to make the frosting but instead put a dollop of peanut butter on top and stuck a dog bone on top. In case you were wondering, she saved the dog bone for last :) 

Rose getting ready to demolish that cupcake!


Peanut Butter Banana Pupcakes:

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup rolled oats
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup natural, unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Directions:
1.  Mash up bananas.  Add eggs, vanilla, applesauce and peanut butter to mixture.  
2. Combine flour, oats, baking powder and baking soda.
3. Add flour to wet mixture and stir.
4. Divide batter into cupcake pans.  
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.




6 comments:

  1. How creative! I'm sure your dog appreciated such a fancy dessert. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so! Thank you so much for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. yay for rose! i tried to make the cats treats for sheba's birthday and they wouldn't eat them. :( the pic with grant and rose is sooo funny! next time you come visit us you should bring her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I remember you telling me that. Hopefuly we can- that would be great fun :)

      Delete
  3. Your dog got some amazing treats! I love this flavor combo, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love spoiling her :) Thank you so much your sweet comments!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!