Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

slow cooker salsa chicken wraps.


It's hard to describe how delicious this meal is so you'll just have to try it out for yourself! BUT it's definitely not hard to describe how easy it is- just measure and mix ingredients then let the crock pot do the rest!

Ingredients-

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
1 cup salsa
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
Tortillas

Directions-
Place chicken in the bottom of your crock pot. Mix seasonings together. Sprinkle mixed seasonings on chicken. In a bowl, combine soup and salsa. Pour over chicken. Cook on high 4 hours. Shred chicken with two forks and stir in sour cream. Serve on tortillas or as desired.

**Note: The above seasonings = 1 packet of taco seasoning. So you could use that instead but I recommend the homemade version. :)

Inspired by: http://www.mostlyhomemademom.com/2012/02/slow-cooker-salsa-chicken.html &
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/taco-seasoning-i/

2 comments:

  1. Hi...I'm Jen from mumblesandrumbles.com
    It's winter here in Oz and I'm currently making slow cooker meals every couple of days because they make the best kind of winter food ever!
    This recipe is going to be cooked up tomorrow for sure.
    Secondly...I think we share a very similar passion...baking! There's nothing better in my opinion ;)
    Keep up the awesome work on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know how you liked it. :) I'm from the US and I visited Australia last July and it was SUCH a beautiful place!! And yes, I have to agree baking is way better than cooking. Your blog looks wonderful too, I am definitely going to be checking out some recipes :)
      ~Kathleen

      Delete

Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!