Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

pb banana & oat dog treats.


I've been wanting to make dog treats for Rose for awhile now but I never seem to get around it. I won't lie- it's probably because I'm too busy making people food!  We ran out of store bought dog treats a few weeks ago so I decided it was time to try it out. 

I made these last night and Rose taste-tested one. She gobbled it up quite quickly so I'm assuming that means she enjoyed it ;) 

These were too easy to make and you may already have the ingredients on hand. If you don't have flax, you could probably just add more oats. In case you are worried about any of these ingredients, here is a list of people food that is safe for dogs

Below is the recipe & pictures of our sweet Rose just because she's cute! :)

~

pb banana & oat dog treats 

Ingredients:
1 cup oat flour 
2 small bananas, mashed
⅓ cup peanut butter 
2 Tbsp flax seed (can be ground or whole)
1 egg (or 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk)

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Put all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
  3. Mix ingredients together thoroughly until well combined.
  4. Use a medium cookie scoop (or a spoon) to form balls of dough. Flatten out balls of dough using the back of the cookie scoop or your hand.
  5. Place on a nonstick baking sheet (or use parchment) and bake for 20 minutes. Bake until edges are slightly brown.







1 comment:

Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!