I just love muffins, especially banana chocolate chips ones.
Then they got even better...banana, chocolate chips, AND peanut butter!
It's true and totally possible.
And they are even kinda healthy. They are made with honey instead of granulated sugar. They contain no butter or oil. And they include high protein greek yogurt!
Those ripe bananas are totally calling your name. (I can hear them!)
2 ripe large bananas, mashed with no chunks
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup dark brown sugar (I used light brown sugar)
1/2 cup yogurt (I used vanilla greek yogurt)
1 large egg
1/3 cup milk (any kind)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (non-oily natural works)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 and 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour (or an even mix of whole wheat + all-purpose)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2-1 cup chocolate chips (you decide)
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Spray 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with muffin cups. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mashed bananas, honey, brown sugar, yogurt, egg, and milk together until combined. Whisk in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth and thick. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and lightly whisk until combined. Try not to overstir the muffin batter or your muffins will have a tough (not soft) texture. Stir as little as possible until no flour pockets remain.
- Fill the muffin cups practically all the way to the top. Between 3/4 full and all the way full. Bake for 5 minutes at 425F degrees.
- Keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350F and continue to bake for 12 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
**Thank you Sallys Baking Addiction for yet another addicting recipe :) **