Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

cookies & cream brownies.


The last time I was at the store, I grabbed a package of Oreos and I'm so glad I did because I pinned this amazing brownie recipe a few weeks back. I hadn't made an Oreo dessert in forever either so I knew it was time.

It's a quick, easy recipe to begin with and could be made even easier if you only had time to use a box mix. 


Ahh... don't Oreos make everything better? 

~

cookies & cream brownies 


ingredients
  • 10 tablespoons butter, room temp.
  • 1 1/4 cups white granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (I used salted butter so I omitted salt)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 15 Oreo cookies, crushed and divided
instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment OR line with tin foil and spray with non-stick baking spray.
  2. In a large saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter. OR microwave butter until melted. 
  3. Once the butter has melted, add the white sugar and cocoa powder. Stir to combine and remove from the heat if using stovetop.
  4. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs, whisking until fully incorporated.
  5. Add in the flour and half of the crushed oreo cookies and stir until just combined.
  6. Scoop the batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining oreo cookies on top.
  7. Place the pan into the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let the brownies cool for at least 2 hours. You can also stick them in the fridge for a bit to help cool quickly.
  8. Remove the brownies from the pan by lifting the parchment or tin foil out. Place the brownies on the counter, slice and serve.



8 comments:

Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!