Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

peanut butter granola.





Oh my goodness. I found another granola recipe that is to-die-for! It's simple to make and takes just a few minutes to mix up.  This particular recipe is full of delicious peanut butter flavor and tastes delicious in yogurt, with milk, and of course on its own!

~

peanut butter granola from eat live run

Ingredients:

1/4 cup oil (I used part canola, part coconut)
1/3 cup sweetener (I used part honey, part pure maple syrup)
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1 tsp cinnamon
4 cups old fashioned oats 
1/4 cup flaxseeds
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts (I left out)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F
  2. Microwave (or melt on stove 3-5 minutes) oil, sweetener, peanut butter, optional salt and cinnamon.
  3. While cooking, mix together the oats, flax, peanuts and sunflower seeds. 
  4. Pour hot mixture over the oats and toss well to coat. 
  5. Spread out granola onto lined sheet trays (I used parchment) and bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally and turning tray midway through.
  6. Let granola cool completely for that perfect crunch!

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!