Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

spicy sausage pasta.





I haven't mastered food pictures yet so I apologize for this picture (and for past and future pictures too) BUT believe me when I say this is one yummy dish.  (Plus I use my phone camera to take pictures so that doesn't help much either!) But anyway, I made a lot of changes to this recipe so if you 1) don't trust my cooking and/or 2) do not like straying from original recipes then you should go to the link above and use their recipe. :) (I would list everything I changed but that would take awhile.) I will not be offended at all if you don't make the changes I did, as long as you try this meal by one recipe or another!  ;)


Ingredients-
1 lb turkey smoked sausage
1/4 cup diced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
6 oz Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles, Mild
1/2 cup fat free half and half
8 oz whole wheat penne pasta
black pepper
1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

Directions-
1. Brown sausage and onion in a non stick skillet. Next, add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
2. Add broth, Ro-Tel, half & half, pasta, and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1 cup cheese. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Turn heat to low. Put lid back on for 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. 
4. Eat up, my friends!!

An excited Grant ready to eat :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting... I'd love to hear from you!